After much prayer and research, we will be reopening our GCA facility for child care services for essential personnel starting Tuesday, April 14th.
With the additional support of the Crosswalk Church staff and volunteers under the supervision of our certified GCA child care teachers, we are able to meet this great need within our community.
We have been in constant communication with the Virginia Dept. of Heath and the Virginia Dept. of Social Services. They have advised us on the recently mandated COVID-19 health requirements for child care centers (taking temps, masks, cleaning, staffing ratios, etc).
Our team has been trained on the new health protocols so you can can rest assured of our careful adherence to these new health protocols.
• For the children, we already have masks that will each last a week.
• Toys & PE equipment will be assigned for each specific student to use, and social distancing will be practiced at all times (snack time, lunch, play, etc).
• The Virginia Dept. of Social Services requires that we have on file a copy of the shot record/physical form. If you do not have a copy at home, it can be emailed from your pediatrician or school directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Childcare Times, please choose one:
• Morning shift from 8:00am - 12:30 pm
• Afternoon shift from 12:30am - 5:30 pm
• Both shifts from 8:00am - 5:30 pm
Unless you have an emergency, please pick up your child on time to allow our staff to deep clean the facility each day.
• $25/half day
This cost is less than our regular summer child care rates. Our motives are simply to serve and support our “essential personnel” as you serve and support our community.
Because of newer and stricter state mandates for staffing (groups of 10 or less), GCA will need to know your child care needs 24 hours prior to your arrival.
To register, please do the following:
1. Print, complete, and email or bring us this form.*
2. Email or bring us a copy of your child's shot record.
* Please provide emergency contacts and your pick up list.
• GCA child care teachers are younger than 40 years old and are not considered an at risk population.
• Our Spanish teacher will sew washable masks for children who want them for $5 (the cost of the materials).